08 February 2008

A dance (poem)

Twist and sway and work
Arms and legs and body
Glide past that peak
Savour this rhythm
Exult!
As we go
Round and through
and maybe over or under
and I allow myself
to be overwhelmed
As I dance the dance
of the sea.

Use arms and legs and body
To guide this craft
This thing of beauty craft and wit
Through tossing mounds
Of dancing water
Water all moving
To and fro
Lift up there
Dip down here
We court and flirt
Each with the other
We three - no, we four.

Exult in body and mind and soul
As Goddess the Wind
Strokes wave and boat and I
Caressing here
Brusque and dismissing there
Laughing at tumult
As wave or boat or I trip or fall;
This
This is glorious nature
A matter to be lived with
A dance to be loved
- but not mastered;
Never mastered.

© Kayleen White, 2008

No comments: