03 November 2009

[Content Warning] Shadows

Sorry: the formatting has been bloody lost when I added the Content Warning - on several posts, and I don't have the time to fix them all so I won't fix any.  

This land is fiery blasted by the sun. My skin - I feel it burning after a few bare minutes. I need wear shoes as the dust not the soil, the very dust, burns with heat, tho' the gums cast dapples of shade and shadow. I feel the other shadows too, the fire and passion the burning ardour of those who came here first; a dark skinned people as much a part of this land, as the fiery shadows I burn in today. © Kayleen White, October, 2009 I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)