03 November 2009

Your World

Your world
is centred on
your tree.
Your world
has bigger threats
than mine;
I can …
lose my job,
our home,
all the things
that make my world
valuably mine,
but I
can only be eaten
metaphorically
(unless I break into
a zoo).

Your world is complex
those branches,
those calls,
the subtle smells
and vagaries of wind
that could lead you
home again,
or lost,
to fall afoul
of most foul
fate.

You focus
in your world,
as you have to,
as I do in mine,
and,
as we live
in our worlds,
we stop,
pause, and stare
assess that stranger,
me with wonder,
you with
businesslike acumen;
no,
niether threat
nor food,
I am irrelevant,
trivial,
and you are gone,
to the other side of your world,
tho' in my world,
you live on
and stay,
in mind
and memory,
tagged with wonder.

© Kayleen White, October, 2009

I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)