03 April 2010

Respite

The maddening bustle
the maddening ... madsters
this press of people
that is
modern life.

Cater for them,
cater for this,
- do this, do that,
- be a responsible citizen,
- insure for your future!

I am exhausted;
I dream
of being able
to dream.

Can I change
their quest for more
stuff?
Bigger, more
elaborate houses?
More thrills
more excitement
more now now now?

No.

Can I wander off
to my longed for
quiet, cosy,
cave?

No;
not now - not yet.

But in my despair
I see a moment,
a beam of light
- literally
sunlight.

It shines
from grey sculpted clouds
and shows
- it points
to a park,
no, merely a tree,
and balance
is restored.

This bustle,
this madness,
THIS ...
lives inside the antnest;
outside,
there still lies
the world,
the source,
the nature
from which we came,
gifted by the Goddess.

There,
I can - and will, one day,
be,
in peace,
and richness
unknown to the madsters.

© Kayleen White, 2010

I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)

Please also note that I check only occasionally for comments, so if you make any, please be patient.