23 December 2012

Hills and Boxes

Hills and Boxes
Rolling hills, some steep, rock strewn, and scrubby,
 others soft, gentle and flowing
- almost like breasts
... nature's breasts,
sustaining and enriching the land.

Rolling hills, scarred here and there
by harsh, square boxes.
Boxes.
Cutting as much across
Nature's flows
as across the land's gentle contours.

Houses.
Places for people to live
People.
Some as gentle and flowing
as this lkand,
Others
as much a blight
on humanity
as their houses are
upon this land.

Rolling hills
some gentle and blest,
some scarred
by humanity's blights.

© Kayleen White, 2008 I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)