15 June 2013

[Content Warning] The Death and Rebirth of Hope

Since Bonaparte's day
warnings have been
beware the ambitions
of small men.
And yet, neither
size nor sex
has been
an indicator
of good or bad
in my life
- only ambition
unbalanced
by love of
humanity.
I've watched,
and survived, 
as ignorant
ambitious
love-unleavened
fools
have set their sway
'pon events,
and people
and companies
-seeking their name in lights
for toughness
or profit,
seemingly
blind
to despair
and pain
and stress
- politics and war
where they should not be
in the world of
commerce
and business.
But all things turn
and comes a time
when even the
nastiest despot
grows weary
and seeks release
and ease
- fortunate the few
who recover their humanity
and find others' forgiveness
that leads to such.
Even circumstances
change with time
and now ...
now the scents of change
are coming
as maybe
this last sacking
these last knife twists
bring the despots
undone.

Copyright © Kayleen White, 2013 (where this date is different to the year of publication, it is because I did the post some time ago and then used the scheduling feature to delay publication) I take these photographs and undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary or artistic merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)