21 June 2013

The Fork

I've been here
before
- how can that be?
I've travelled direct and true,
and yet
here I am,
facing this same
second path.

We were
not meant to be,
not back then,
and no,
I think not now.
But
if I say no
will you
pine
or
dare I say
even perish
- of heart or soul,
not body?

Can I ease your pain?
Gods and goddesses!
How can I presume
when her pain's
hers, not mine.
I suppose
it eases mine
if I care
of her and hers.

What brings us both
jointly,
to this
juncture,
her again?
Needs must I
be harder
more self aware
cognisant, or
caring?

It's not suppose
to be so;
our paths crossed,
we felt our need,
the circumstances
declined the chance.

There was
another way,
a choice less taken,
a way of sharing,
but that,
you said,
was not for you.

I've been here before;
a fork in the road,
a second chance
of a second way,
twice bid now,
and yet again
I must decline
... mayhap twill be
thrice makes
the charm ...


For "Cinzia" - may she find her love. 

Copyright © Kayleen White, 2012 (where this date is different to the year of publishing, it is because I did this some time ago and then used the scheduling feature to delay publication) I undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)