07 November 2013

[Content Warning] Sleepless in spring

 The cats are hovering
- anxious, nurturing.
showing me their ...
well, if not love,
devotion.
The dog's tail
thumps the floor
in noisy pleasure
- another happy
to see me,
as would be,
no doubt, my love
- were she awake,
as I am
this muggy four
in the morning.
Tossing in bed
worked not
- nor did getting up
and reading.
Mayhap this poem
will lay to rest
the pounding dread
the ceaseless worry
that kills all joy
and life of heart. 

Copyright © Kayleen White, 2013 (where this date is different to the year of publication, it is because I did the post some time ago and then used the scheduling feature to delay publication) I take these photographs and undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary or artistic merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)