20 December 2013

[Content Warning] Undone

Trapped.
Doomed.
Shut in, and off.
My goals undone,
my life a waste,
decisions and desires
of mine
o'erlooked
or undone.
I could give
so much
- much more
but I am out
of step
and time.

At work
they want
the big pic
the profitable win
and no-one
- not client,
nor peers,
cares to fix
the basic wrongs 
- they must think
all grunts the same,
all graduates
good enough,
and experience
counts for naught,
and all are the same,
and I cannot
even
flee.

A prophet,
'tis said,
is not listened to,
in her life,
so I must be
a prophet
- either that,
or mad.

Copyright © Kayleen White, 2013 (where this date is different to the year of publication, it is because I did the post some time ago and then used the scheduling feature to delay publication) I take these photographs and undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary or artistic merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit, of course :)